Create a project to get started with your video.
- Create a New Project
- Click "New Video"
- Give it a name
- Click save
Open the storyboard editor
1. Add slide & text
- Choose a slide type
- The slides are categorized into Intro sides, Story slides, List slides, Callout slides, Special slides, Special video and image slides, Outro slides and Commercial slides. Each category holds multiple designs.
- A tip is to use 2-4 different slide types in a video that is approx 45 sec long. Don’t use too many different kinds of slides - that will take away the focus from the text.
- Add text to your slide
- Type your text in the “message fields” in the slide bar to the right. (the name of the field matches the name of the text box on the slide)
- Each slide has been designed based on the default text size, but it is possible to change the font size. To do this you switch on the font size you would like to use AND add your text to the new text field that appears.
Repeat until your story is outlined
2. Add assets
- Click on “add main asset” under the slide to open the Asset browser
- Upload your own assets or search in our different stock libraries.
- A tip is to use one asset over multiple slides to give your video a nice flow. To do this click on the small arrow that appears when you hover over the “Add Main Asset field”
3. Fine-tune your video
- Adjust the slide duration to match the text amount on the slide.
- The slide duration should be adjusted based on the text amount of the slide. A good rule of thumb is that the duration of the slide should match the time it takes you to read the text out loud.
- Play around with the slide durations to give your video a nice and interesting rhythm.
- Text placement and size
- Check the text placements in relation to the assets that you have added. Try to avoid placing large text amounts and blocks over e.g. faces and other objects that you want to emphasize in your video.
- Check so your text is readable.
- Make sure that you have good contrast between the text and your assets. To improve the contrast you can add a tint to the asset or change the color of your text.
- Check so that your different assets flow naturally together or pop in the way you want.
- There are multiple ways to edit the coloring to get the desired effect e.g add a tint, make it monochrome etc. read here to learn more about all your options.
4. Add music
Upload your own music/audio or use a track that is available in our Music library.
To see how the video turned out.
6. Iterate if needed
This is your final product.